Research scientist to AstraZeneca in Gothenburg
Modis LIfe Science is now looking for a research scientist for a consultancy assignment at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg. In this research position you will work with the respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity unit. As a consultant you will be hired my Modis and work on an assignment at AstraZeneca. The assignment will start in March 2020 and run for initially 6 months. Send your application asap, no later than February 2nd.
About the customer:
AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
We are currently looking for a scientist with excellent laboratory skills to join the Bioscience COPD IPF Department within the Respiratory, Inflammation and Autoimmunity Innovative Medicine Unit in Gothenburg, Sweden. You will be joining one of 3 teams within the department that is currently supporting both early and late stage respiratory projects. This is a temporary position lasting for six months.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the team you will execute in vitro experiments as well as support analysis from both in vitro and in vivo studies to progress our drug discovery projects and publishable scientific insights. You are encouraged to actively take part of scientific discussion to add valuable input in experiment design, data interpretation to drive projects and techniques.
This is a lab-based role where you will be involved in multiple ongoing projects with responsibility to analyse samples from experiments/studies from various cells and tissues for both in vitro-, in vivo- and from patient studies. We are looking for someone with experience in immunoassays (such as ELISA, MSD, Luminex etc), preparation of RNA from cells and tissues, expression analysis (Taqman) and western blots.
• To be an effective team member in supporting drug discovery projects to meet their objectives.
- To conduct where appropriate in parallel more than one area of work to agreed timelines
- Can contribute to writing peer-reviewed publications, abstracts and patents.
- Responsible for ensuring that their scientific knowledge influences project progression in accordance with portfolio priorities.
• A PhD or BSc/MSc with relevant experimental experience.
- Good social and communication skills and to be a strong team player.
- Candidates should be able to work independently, take own initiatives and have a positive, goal oriented and problem-solving attitude.
- Hands-on experience in cell culturing and immunoassays such as Western blots, ELISA.
- Good organisational skills are required.
- Excellent English is required, both spoken and in writing.
The following skills are highly desirable:
• Experience in the use of immunological, pharmacological, cellular or molecular methods relevant to the study of respiratory disease.
- Experience in the use of in vitro, in vivo or ex vivo research methods relevant to the study of mechanisms underlying respiratory disease.
Dela detta jobb