Senior Research Scientist to AstraZeneca in Gothenburg
Modis Life Science is now looking for a Senior Research Scientist for a consultancy assignment at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg. In this position you will join the respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity unit. The assignment will initially run for 7 months and as a consultant you will be hired by Modis. Send your application asap, no later than February 3rd.
We are currently looking for a scientist with excellent laboratory skills to join the Bioscience COPD IPF Department within the Respiratory, Inflammation and Autoimmunity Innovative Medicine Unit in Gothenburg, Sweden. You will be joining one of 5 teams within the department that is currently supporting both early and late stage respiratory projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the team you will design and execute in vitro experiments as well as support analysis from both in vitro and in vivo studies to progress our drug discovery projects and publishable scientific insights. You will be encouraged to actively take part of scientific discussion to add valuable input in experiment design, data interpretation to drive projects and techniques.
This is a lab-based role where you will be involved in multiple ongoing projects with responsibility to design and set up in vitro assays with both cell lines and cells from patients. We are looking for someone with experience in cell culture, immunoassays such as Western blots, ELISA, MSD, Luminex etc. This is a temporary assignment, lasting for 7 months.
• To be an effective team member in supporting drug discovery projects to meet their objectives.
- To conduct where appropriate in parallel more than one area of work to agreed timelines.
- Can contribute to writing peer-reviewed publications, abstracts and patents.
- Responsible ensuring that scientific knowledge influences project progression in accordance with portfolio priorities.
Requirements for the role
• A PhD and relevant experimental experience.
- Hands-on experience in cell culture, immunoassays such as Western blots, ELISA.
- Excellent English is required (both written and verbal).
Preferred experience and key factors
• Experience in the use of immunological, pharmacological, cellular or molecular methods relevant to the study of respiratory disease.
- Experience in the use of in vitro, ex vivo research methods relevant to the study of mechanisms underlying respiratory disease.
- Hands-on experience working with epithelial cells and primary leukocytes.
- Good social and communication skills and to be a strong team player.
- Being able to work independently, take own initiatives and have a positive, goal oriented and a problem-solving attitude.
- Good organisational skills are required.
Dela detta jobb