AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
As Supply Planning Manager your team that consists of 5-8 people is responsible for creating an optimized production plan for the next 12 weeks for the European factories assigned to you, to supply the distribution centers and direct customers across Europe. Your responsibility also includes regular master data creation and updates related to supply chain such as safety stock, lot-size, MOQ, batch size etc. Your goal is to exceed service level targets at minimized supply chain costs and inventory levels within S&OP rules and operational constraints.
In order to optimize supply and ensure that the right follow up actions are triggered; you and your team keep close contacts with multiple stakeholders. The main stakeholders are Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing, Procurement and Demand Planning. While the focus of your team is operational, the Supply Chain Planners are also expected to continuously review the master data settings, in order to reach service level and supply chain cost targets. You lead the team in setting the performance and development objectives
Main duties and responsibilities
As Supply Planning Manager you will lead and develop a team of planners whose main responsibility is to plan production with a very high level of understanding the trade-offs between service, stock and total supply chain costs. Your main responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Production planning (12s week horizon) and Rough-Cut Capacity Planning of assigned sites
- Effectively work alongside the Material Planning Manager to ensure production plans are feasible
- Ensure that the assigned team follows the production planning process standards as well as proper usage of systems and tools
- Drive the production planning area to improve capability of planners and implement new concepts, tools and processes
- Drive CI on key production planning related processes and KPIs
- Attend Supply Reviews and lead the production planning part of it.
- Ensures all applicable SAP planning parameters and masterdata are accurate and properly maintained with appropriate frequency
- Supports Lifecycle Management for the products and factories planned
Job requirements/Candidate profile
To be successful in this position you should have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Supply Chain Management / Industrial Engineering / Science or appropriate training in production planning, materials requirements planning and stock control
- At least 4 years of experience with increasing management responsibilities and roles within Supply Chain generally and Supply/Production planning specifically showing excellence performance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to understand and foster interfaces with stakeholders
- In depth understanding of manufacturing processes supply chain strategies
- Responsible for the Supply planning (12 weeks horizon) and Rough Cut Capacity Planning of assigned sites
- Experience in Inventory Management differentiated stock strategies and SLOB management
- Drive CI on key related processes and KPIs
- Experience with SAP
- F luent written and spoken in English
As a person you are open minded with an understanding of, and sensitivity to, different cultural behaviors, able to promote mutual understanding. You are stress resistant and able to adapt to changing conditions and re-prioritize the teams’ tasks as needed. You lead, develop and coach your team and set performance and development objectives.
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to hub planning manager Ico Wood. The position is placed on our site in Sege, Malmö.
For further information about the position and recruitment process please contact Elisabet Haraldsdottir, Talent Resourcing Partner, +46 70 350 17 99.
For Union related questions:
Unionen: Johan Vihlborg +46708835637
Sveriges Ingenjörer och Akademikerna: Per-Ola Löfgren +46 708 84 53 48
Ledarna: Boris Parezanovic +46 708 35 52 55
Please apply via our online recruitment system. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
“We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment”
Do not forget to follow us onLinkedInand Facebookfor regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.